Coupon Redemption Policy
This policy explains the terms and conditions under which Liberty Richter will reimburse retailers or other customers for coupon submissions. Proper store redemption of our coupons authorizes you to submit coupons for reimbursement by Liberty Richter. This policy may be modified at any time by Liberty Richter, in Liberty Richter's sole discretion.
YOUR REDEMPTION OF OUR COUPONS INDICATES YOUR ACCEPTANCE AND COMPLIANCE WITH THIS REDEMPTION POLICY (THE "AGREEMENT"). NO COURSE OF DEALINGS BETWEEN US, PURCHASE ORDER, INVOICE, RETAILER-POLICY OR SIMILAR DOCUMENT SHALL OR SHALL BE CONSTRUED TO MODIFY ANY OF THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT.
Redemption at the Store
1. Coupons are redeemable only by a consumer purchasing the flavor, quantity and size of the specific brands and product(s) stated on the coupon, with the face value of the coupon deducted from your retail price. Only one coupon shall be honored per customer for each offer as stated.
2. Coupons may not be reproduced, photocopied, mutilated, trimmed or altered in any way by the retailer or consumer.
3. Coupons are non-assignable and are void if transferred from their original recipient to any other person, firm or group. Liberty Richter does not permit the unauthorized distribution, collection, sale, or assignment of its coupons for any reason. Therefore, coupons are not to be used in swap boxes, taped to product or placed on hooks near Liberty Richter products, gathered and distributed by any person or group for charitable fund-raising purposes, or otherwise used in any way except as described in Section 1 above.
4. Coupons are void if taxed, restricted, or prohibited by law.
5. The consumer is required to pay any applicable sales tax.
6. Coupons will be redeemed only at retail locations located in the United States, its territories and at U.S. Military bases.
Processing Coupons for Payment
1. Liberty Richter will only accept properly redeemed and identified coupons directly from the retailer, or through authorized retailer clearinghouse, retailer-billing agent, or wholesaler-billing agent. Coupons from unauthorized intermediary agents will not be accepted.
2. All applicable IRS reporting requirements, including obtaining an appropriate taxpayer identification number must be complied with by retailer and its agent.
3. To redeem coupons for Liberty Richter, send properly redeemed coupons to the redemption address identified in the coupon.
Policy for Payment and Denials
1. You will be reimbursed for the following three (3) items:
(a) Face value of coupons or, if the coupon calls for free merchandise, for your retail-selling price (up to the stated maximum value printed on the coupon); and
(b) 8¢ for handling each coupon properly redeemed (the 8¢ covers all handling costs, including, without limitation, costs of front-end handling by customer, store to headquarters accounting, store occupancy, sundry loss, cost of funds, and coupon processing, which covers any special handling, invoice preparation or other fees); and
(c) Reasonable out-of-pocket costs incurred for the physical transportation of the coupons to us or to our authorized agent. We will not pay for any administrative or consolidation fees and, except as described in (ii) below, we will not pay any other upcharges that you or your agent (if you use one) may assess on or in lieu of such pass-through/out-of-pocket expenses. The transportation costs will be reimbursed as follows:
(i) For retailers who sort the coupons they have redeemed and submit them directly without the use of any third party agent, you will be reimbursed for incurred reasonable postage (i.e. first class mail insured) or other shipping charges, as indicated on the package received.
(ii) For those retailers that are using a clearinghouse or billing agent, we will reimburse you at a rate equal to $5.00 per thousand of coupons redeemed ($5.00/1,000).
2. Coupon claimed amounts, reimbursements and coupon adjustments cannot be deducted from product invoices or purchase orders. Invoice deductions and deduction fees are not in compliance with Liberty Richter's Coupon Redemption Policy, and any attempt to take such deductions may, at the sole option of Liberty Richter, void all coupons submitted for reimbursement.
3. Liberty Richter reserves the right to request evidence of proof of purchase to show that sufficient stock was purchased to justify the number of coupons submitted and reserves the right to audit the coupon sorting and billing service of any retailer or any agent involved in the handling process. Any failure to comply may void all coupons submitted.
4. Any lawsuit involving coupon processing or payment disputes shall be brought within 18 months of the original date of coupon payment or such claims shall be deemed extinguished. Any such lawsuit shall be filed and conducted in a state or federal court located in Jacksonville, Florida in accordance with Florida law. The non-prevailing party shall be responsible for the reasonable attorneys' fees and costs of the prevailing party in any such lawsuit.
5. If false or misleading verification information is provided on a questionnaire to Liberty Richter, or a certified clearinghouse, redemption privileges with Liberty Richter may be permanently terminated.
6. Each shipment of coupons will be considered as a whole and Liberty Richter reserves the right to refuse payment for an entire shipment if any portion of the shipment is found to be improperly redeemed.
7. Failure to observe these terms and conditions for proper redemption may, at the option of Liberty Richter, void all coupons submitted for reimbursement, and all coupons may be retained as property of Liberty Richter without payment. Liberty Richter reserves the right to forward coupons, which Liberty Richter judges to be misredeemed, to law enforcement agencies for their review and investigative purposes.
1. The cash redemption value of each coupon is 1/20 of one cent.
2. It is FRAUD to present coupons for redemption other than as provided by this Agreement.
YOU AGREE THAT FAILURE
TO OBSERVE THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR PROPER REDEMPTION MAY AT THE
SOLE OPTION OF LIBERTY RICHTER VOID ALL COUPONS SUBMITTED FOR REIMBURSEMENT
AND ALL COUPONS MAY BE RETAINED AS PROPERTY OF LIBERTY RICHTER, WITHOUT
PAYMENT. THE EXERCISE OR WAIVER, IN WHOLE OR IN PART, OF ANY RIGHT, REMEDY
OR DUTY PROVIDED FOR IN THIS AGREEMENT WILL NOT CONSTITUTE THE WAIVER
OF ANY PRIOR, CONCURRENT OR SUBSEQUENT RIGHT, REMEDY OR DUTY UNDER THIS